Is it time for a GUT Clean-Up?
It seems like these days everyone’s talking about the gut microbiome being central to overall health. Traditionally, naturopaths have said that “all disease starts in the gut” – in fact, that quote is often attributed to Hippocrates, the father of medicine! But many doctors won’t even blink when they say you need antibiotics – again. So is all this gut health stuff overblown? How do we know what to believe?
There is a wealth of information on the Internet about diet for sorting out your gut problems. But sometimes, when you read it, you’re no closer to figuring out what is right for your body’s needs. At worst, we’ve seen people cause major problems through well-meaning diets. And taking the latest probiotic from the health food store is unlikely to be the solution, regardless of how “high-potency” they assure you it is.
Our way is different. We aren’t afraid to recommend something other than the standard “gut healthy diet” advice, but we are big on evidence – both from your body and from the research. We’ll take you through an informed-by-evidence, carefully designed, step by step analytical process that will improve your gut health beyond measure. We will explore your symptoms, lifestyle and current diet and walk you through the path that will suit YOU! In some cases testing is required to get answers more quickly – but this is always up to you!
We will provide clear action steps if elimination is required and provide a plan so that you know exactly what you need to avoid or enjoy! But it’s not just a generic eating plan, it’s developed after we find out what you like to eat, how much time you have to spend in the kitchen, your food budget, family preferences and what appliances you have!
It is a step by step process, for this reason we have three consultation sessions in the package to monitor changes and adapt your eating plan accordingly. We can’t wait to be on this journey with you and help you feel better!
• Pre and post program survey to see how far you come over the duration of the program.
• Pre-consultation questionnaires to provide us plenty of information to do an assessment prior to the consultation. This saves time during your consult, so we can get straight into the treatment plan!
• 3 x 30 min consultations with our nutritionist Teresa – online or in-person!
• Personalised treatment plan and eating plan based on YOUR symptoms. We follow an evidenced-based plan that takes us down the right path for you! In some instances, tests may be required *charges apply if needed (optional)
• Recipes and resources to keep you motivated and inspired!