Alyssa Tait is passionate about helping women achieve optimal health.
Due to her dual fields, you get two professional perspectives to your condition when you see her!
Alyssa Tait has postgraduate qualifications in pelvic floor dysfunction, and has a special interest in all types of chronic pelvic and abdominal pain. From the late 90s, Alyssa worked for many years in the public health system in women’s health. A little later, she satisfied her ever-present bookish tendencies by working on a project team and co-authoring evidence-based guidelines for health professionals on how to manage incontinence. Always fascinated by the world of nutrition, Alyssa completed qualifications in first nutrition medicine and then naturopathy. She is now completing her Masters in Nutrition and Functional Medicine.
Intrigued by the world of women’s hormones and fertility, Alyssa Tait is is also an Accredited Teacher of the Billings Ovulation Method. She continues to complete numerous courses every year to stay at the top of her field – both in physiotherapy and nutrition.
Believing that the world of orthodox medicine and natural therapies are complementary, Alyssa Tait founded Equilibria Physiotherapy & Nutrition, which uniquely bridges the gap between the two worlds. While working within a strong science-based framework, Alyssa brings the best of natural medicine into her treatment in order to get the best possible results for her clients.
Alyssa’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy – University of Queensland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation) – University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Health Science (Nutrition Medicine) – University of New England
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy (Australian Institute of Applied Sciences)
- Advanced Diploma in Western Herbal Medicine (Australian Institute of Applied Sciences)
- Advanced Diploma in Nutritional Medicine (Australian Institute of Applied Sciences)
- Accreditation as a Teacher of the Billings Ovulation Method
- Master of Science (Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine) – expected completion mid 2019
- Pelvic Pain Foundation Australia
- Australian Natural Therapists Association
What are some of the most common techniques Alyssa might use in your session?
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Myofascial Technique
- Trigger Point Release
- Visceral Manipulation
- Strain/Counterstrain Technique
- Exercise Therapy
- Pain Neuroscience Education
Nutritional Medicine Approaches
- Functional Medicine framework
- General Pathology Testing and Interpretation
- Functional Pathology Testing and Interpretation
- Body Composition Assessment
(07) 3277 0226
(07) 3277 0216
- 12 Edna St,
Salisbury Queensland 4107
|Mon, Thu & Fri||9:00 – 2:30|
|Wednesday||9:00 – 5:00|